Need maximum protection from Mother Nature? The High-Wind Retractable Awning is the best choice for windy locations, and its high-tension fabric provides superior rain protection*.
The High-Wind Retractable Awning’s powerful gas-powered, telescopic arms ensure the maximum fabric tension, increasing its wind resistance. The High-Wind Retractable Awning not only provides shade, but also enhances the beauty of your home or business.
Using our proprietary triangular back-bar technology, the High-Wind Retractable Awning is easily installed on walls, ceilings or rafters. The powerful standard electric Somfy RTS operator provides convenient, easy operation and can be equipped with optional remote control and sun and wind sensors for automatic, worry- free control. Finally, a solution for windy locations that make other awnings fold!
* If the wind is blowing hard enough and you are uncomfortable sitting under your high wind awning, we suggest you retract your awning. The High Wind retractable awning provides rain protection with reduced drop requirements for water runoff, allowing for increased headroom. In hard-rain conditions that cause water to pool on the awning fabric, we recommend retracting the awning to a position that allows the excess water to run off. You should retract your awning during rain storms where the rain is causing puddles on the cover.
- Widths: 8' 2" to 30' 11"
- Projections: 6' 7" to 11' 6"
- Radio Transmitted Motor by Somfy is Standard
- Valance Styles
- Sattler Fabric Showroom
- Sunbrella Fabric Showroom
- Installation Instructions
A motorized Telescopic arm awning provides powerful continuous tension for the fabric cover. Retraction and extension using a tubular AC motor 115V/60Hz with friction brake, thermal protection and adjustable electronic end stops. Protection class IP54 (splash water), with 60” connection cable. Continuous triangular steel powder coated mounting bar, for arm mount, extruded Roller tube brackets, idle end bearing and motor end mounts. Front rail is extruded multiple chamber aluminum profile with rainwater nose, grooves for the awning cover, valance plus mounting grooves for the telescope arms, with end caps. Roller tube made of galvanized steel with groove for the cover mount. Three part telescopic arms made of extruded aluminum, with integrated powerful gas-filled struts. Arm supports made of aluminum casting with integrated knock- up security. Drop adjustment by hexagonal screw from horizontal up to max. 60 degrees. Installation brackets made of aluminum casting for wall or top mount (option: brackets for rafters).
On a total width of more than 16’ a swivel gearbox is provided with exterior roller tube supports to guide the roller tube is used, including the roller tube supports adjustable drop to 60 degrees, made of aluminum casting with plastic rolls and continuous band.