Warranty & Returns
Please Note: The following warranty and return information applies to Legends Standard and Freestanding Dual Awnings only. Please contact Legends Direct at 866-898-5304 or email@example.com for more information about other Legends awning products.
Who is entitled to this warranty?
This Warranty applies only to the original purchaser who paid for the product and may not be assigned or transferred to subsequent owners. This Warranty applies only to products purchased and installed in the US.
What are the responsibilities of Legends Direct under this warranty?
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, Legends Direct will furnish replacements for parts found by Legends Direct to be defective in design, manufacture or assembly, under each specific component or product warranty as set forth below.
What are the responsibilities of the original purchaser under the warranty?
- Before any claims may be made under this Warranty, the original purchaser must have paid in full for the product covered under the Warranty, according to the terms and conditions in the original order. The purchaser agrees and acknowledges that this Warranty agreement constitutes an executory contract.
- The purchaser must use care in installation, maintenance, operation, use, and storage of the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual. ANY FAILURE TO INSTALL, MAINTAIN, OPERATE, USE AND STORE THE PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL WILL NULLIFY THIS WARRANTY AND RELIEVE AWNINGSALE.COM FROM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
- Promptly notify Legends Direct of any claims.
- The purchaser may be required to provide a photograph of any defective parts. The purchaser may also be required to pay a deposit until the defective parts are returned to Legends Direct for inspection. The purchaser must obtain a return authorization form from Legends Direct customer service department prior to the return of any merchandise and after having received such authorization, return the part or product, freight prepaid, to Legends Direct. Returns may be shipped to different locations. Please check with your return authorization form to get correct shipping address.
What is covered under this warranty?
- The following components of the Legends Direct Standard and Freestanding Awnings are covered under this Warranty, subject to the limitations set forth below. These components have a five (5) year limited warranty, against manufacturer's defects as outlined below:
(a) Should the purchaser promptly notify Legends Direct of such defects within five years (60 months) from the date of the original purchase, the defective component will be replaced at no charge.
- Covered Components:
STRUCTURAL SUPPORTS, which include the lateral arms, the square bar, the front bar and all other attached supports are warranted not to fail for five (5) years provided that the components are not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
ROLLER BAR is warranted for five (5) years against any and all damage including cracking and permanent bowing that would affect the performance of the awning, provided that the awning is not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
FABRIC is warranted for five (5) years against:
(a) Excessive fading under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual.
(b) Mildew on the fabric. Mildew will not form on the fabric itself, but may form on dirt and dust that have not been removed from it. Please see maintenance instructions for proper cleaning-outlined in owner's manual.
(c) Excessive cracking or peeling under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual, and provided that the awning is not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
ELECTRIC MOTOR is warranted for five (5) years not to fail under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual.
AWNING ACCESSORIES (defined as accessories attached to the awning) are warranted for (12) months not to fail under normal conditions if maintained, operated, used, and stored in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual.
What is not covered under this Warranty?
- Legends Direct awnings are not designed to be used for carports and are not designed to be installed on moving vehicles. Any damage that results from the Purchaser's use of Legends Direct awnings for carports or on moving vehicles is not covered by this warranty.
- Any failure or damage of the components that results from any intentional or negligent actions by the purchaser or by any other person is not covered by this Warranty.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser or selected contractor to securely fasten the awning to studs, joists, headers or other structural members. Any failure or damage that results from the awning falling from its installed position is not covered by this Warranty.
- Labor charges connected with installation of replacement parts are not covered by this Warranty.
- Freight expenses to and from Legends Direct in shipping damaged or replacement parts are not covered by this Warranty and must be paid by the purchaser.
- Stretching of fabric or damage to any structural component caused by wind or water pooling on the fabric or any other weather are not covered by this Warranty.
- Tears or rips caused by failure to protect the product from sharp objects are not covered by this Warranty.
- Wind damage due to leaving awning rolled out during foul weather is not covered under this Warranty.
- Fabric discoloration or failure due to chemical exposure (includes tree sap, bird droppings, leaves, insect/bee sprays and or debris) are not covered under this Warranty.
- Mildew caused by dirt resting on the product, or the product being rolled up while wet is not covered by this Warranty.
- Damage caused by acts of God.
- Any modification or addition to the awning structure and support system or to the electric motor or its wiring will nullify this Warranty and relieve Legends Direct from any responsibility or liability under this Warranty.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- THE WARRANTY GRANTED HEREIN IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR THE PURCHASER. AWNINGSALE.COM MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES TO THE PURCHASER, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AWNINGSALE.COM SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO THE PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHER BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF LEGENDS DIRECT SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT SHALL AWNINGSALE.COM BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS AND/OR WAGES.
- Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state.
You can return your Legends Direct Awning within 90 days from the date of purchase and we’ll refund the purchase price less shipping costs, restocking costs and any other missing parts or damage fees. Please see our 90-Day On Home Trial Policy for more information.
90-Day On Home Trial
You may return any Legends Direct Standard or Freestanding awning for any reason during the first 90 days, starting from your product ship date, provided it has not been subjected to owner abuse or to excessive wind or water pooling on the canopy. You must notify our Customer Service Department by calling 888-501-6145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before returning any purchase.
- Once we have sent you a Return Authorization Form, we will verify and order a pickup at your location. This can only be done within the 90-Day period starting from ship date (no exclusions).
- Upon receipt and inspection of the product, we will refund your product purchase price less shipping charges, restocking fees and any damages as well as us or missing parts after we inspect. $199 Return freight charges includes pickup fee of $50. We will notify you via email if any other damages or fees will be accessed prior to refund.
- The product must be shipped in its original packaging, clean with no stains on fabric and like new condition with all parts and manuals included. Any damage due to improper packaging will be the responsibility of the customer.
- There will also be a non-refundable restock fee of $199 per awning.
PLEASE NOTE: 90 day time frame is from original ship date to day we are notified of return intent.